Our Mission & Impact
ECA's mission is to help people conserve energy and promote a sustainable and socially equitable energy future for all.
ECA is a tri-state area (PA, NJ, DE) leader in energy efficiency retrofits for existing residential properties, along with small multi-family / commercial properties. Since its founding in 1984, ECA has weatherized 45,000 homes; repaired or replaced 50,000 heating systems; provided water conservation services to 37,000 homes, and prevented over 75,000 tons of carbon emissions. ECA has trained over 3,600 new energy professionals in its IREC accredited, 26,000 square feet, LEED Gold Knight Training Center. ECA is a nonprofit organization certified by the ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management Standard.
- Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspectors,
- BPI Certified Energy Auditors, Multi-Family Auditors, Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspectors, Crew Leaders, Crew Members and Field Supervisors
- HERS Raters
- US Department of Labor certified Journeypersons
Delivery of High Quality Energy Conservation Programs
- Administrator of the residential aspect of EnergyWorks, a DOE Better Buildings Program, to retrofit 2,000 homes in the 5-county Philadelphia region between 2010 and 2014
- Administrator of the PA Weatherization Assistance Program and Crisis Interface Program since 1996
- Administrator of the City of Philadelphia’s Heater Hotline Program since 1995/ Repaired 5,000 heating systems and replaced 800 heating systems with high efficiency equipment in 2012
- Conservation Services Provider for PGW’s market rate EnergySense residential retrofit program
- Conservation Services Provider for PGW’s Enhanced Low Income Retrofit Program since 1993
- Conservation Service Provider for PECO’s Smart House Call program
- Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey to perform energy audits, weatherization, heating services, spray foam insulation and white roof coating
- Sub-Contractor to the Camden Power Program to perform energy conservation services under the Energy Efficiency Community Block Grant (EECBG) and the NJ Clean Energy Program
- Sub-contracts HVAC repair and replacement to 32 HVAC companies throughout the region
- Provider of energy conservation workshops throughout Philadelphia for over 25 years
- Recgonized as the Interstate Renewable Energy Council's 3i Clean Energy Training Program of the Year in 2013
- The only IREC accredited training center in the Mid-Atlantic region authorized by the U.S. Department of Energy to deliver energy efficiency training, offering IREC accredited training programs for Energy Auditors and Weatherization Technicians and Installers.
- IREC certified Master Trainers and 1 IREC certified Affiliate Trainer
- BPI Certified Testing Center
- National Center for Healthy Homes Affiliate – Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved
- First U.S. DOL approved Apprenticeships for Energy Auditors and Weatherization Technicians